Saturday, 23 February 2008
The designs are named:
Tamagotchi House (white)
Sing a Song
Love My Family (pink)
Check them out!
Wednesday, 20 February 2008
Tamagotchi Connexion / Plus is Here!
The wait is over! After all these years, emails, discussions, begging and pleading, Tamagotchi Connexion Fans finally get another Tamagotchi Connexion Product — the Tamagotchi Connection (Connexion, or Tamagotchi Plus in Japan). Yay Bandai!
This new Tamagotchi Connexion has been improved greatly over its predecessor. The animations are more detailed, there are some familiar and some new characters, and there is much more to do then play one game and feed a snack this time around. These Tamagotchi Connexion not only have children (similar to Mesu/Osu) but they also can visit other Tamagotchi Connexion friends via Infrared. When together, the two Tamagotchi Connexion can play games, interact, exchange gifts and if that special someone is found, they may have a family.
This site contains information I have experienced myself, found in news pieces or pulled from the Bandai Tamagotchi Connection press kit. Expect new information to be added as I experience my Tamagotchi Connection for the first time over the next several weeks. Interested in my progress? Check out the logs section to read up on what is happening with my Tamagotchi Connexion .
I hope you find this new addition to Tamagotchi Connexion Planet to be of value.
Digital Friends of the World
©Bandai WiZ 2004
Tamagotchi Connexion is an interactive virtual pet that will evolve differently depending on how well you take care of it. Play games with it, feed it food and cure it when it is sick and it will develop into a good companion!
Tamagotchi Connexion has some special functions!
How to Wake Your Tamagotchi connexion
- Pull out the tab from the side of the casing and Tamagotchi connexion will appear after a long beep.
- To reset, press the Reset button on the back of the casing with a pointed object such as a pen. NB: do not apply too much pressure, especially with a sharp object.
- Set up Time and Date. Press button (B), the time screen will appear. Days, month, hours and minutes will be set up one by one using button (A) to scroll and button (B) to choose/set the correct number.
NB: As some special events occur on specific dates, please set up the date carefully.
- Set up your birthday date/month...Tamagotchi connexion might celebrate your birthday.
- It will then return to the normal screen. After 1 minute, you will discover if your Tamagotchi connexion is male (black Hebi-Chi) or female (white Hebi-Chi).
- Select your Tamagotchi connexion name using button (A) to scroll through the alphabet and button (B) to choose.
Your Tamagotchi connexion name can contain up to 5 letters. Once you have selected a name, you cannot change it.
The Growth Process
Your Tamagotchi connexion can evolve in many different characters depending on how you take care of it.
How to Make Your Tamagotchi connexion Grow
When Tamagotchi connexion needs something, it calls you with a beep and the Attention icon is highlighted. Check what it needs with the Hunger Meter and play, feed or discipline them.
How to Take Care of Your Tamagotchi connexion
Select the Hunger Meter Icon with button (A) to check the following information regarding your Tamagotchi connexion: Level of Hunger, Level of Happiness, Level of Discipline, Age, Weight, Name, Gender, Generation.
- Level of Hunger/Level of Happiness
The number of hearts you have to indicate your Hunger/Happiness (the more the better!).
- Level of Discipline
Number of dots indicates level of discipline (the higher the better).
Everyday your Tamagotchi connexion lives it becomes 1 year older. Keep it healthy and don't allow its weight to increase too much.
Check the gender (style) of your Tamagotchi connexion, boy or girl. Check your Tamagotchi's generation. If your Tamagotchi connexion has had a Tamababy, it will become the next generation of your Tamagotchi connexion.
- Press button (A) to select the "Feed Icon". Then press button (B) to choose either food or snack. Check your Tamagotchi's hunger level before feeding it or it might get sick or become overweight.
- When your Tamagotchi connexion makes a mess, press button (A) to select the "Toilet Icon" and use button (B) to clean up.
- Press button (A) to select the "Game Icon" and press button (B) to choose either the dance game or the jumping game.
- Dance Game: Dance as your Tamagotchi connexion shows you...
- Jumping Game: Press B button to jump over the hurdles.
Connection/Communication (Using IR Sensor)
- 1. Press (A) to select the "IR Icon". Then press button (B).
2. "STAND BY" appears on the screen.
3. Position the two Tamagotchi connexion face to face as shown.
4. Press button (B) to start IR communication.
- You can PLAY games together or EXCHANGE GIFTS after connection.
- Exchange Gifts:
One of the connected Tamagotchi connexion may drop a gift. See notebook section to use gift. If you connect several times with your favourite Tamagotchi connexion, your relationship level will increase.
- Playing Games:
Your Tamagotchi connexion will automatically play after selection. Playing games improves the happiness of your Tamagotchi connexion, and increases your chances at winning in future games.
- Balloon game: First one that pops the balloon wins the game.
- Eating game: First one that eats everything wins the game.
- Developing Relationships:
Your relationships improve and develop the more connection you make with other Tamagotchi connexion. After several connections you and your favourite partner may become good companions. The girl Tamagotchi connexion will give birth to 2 Tamababies. One of the Tamababies will stay with the girl and the other returns to the boy Tamagotchi connexion.
- Sometimes your Tamagotchi connexion can be very naughty or may just need a pat on the back! Use button (A) to select the "Discipline Icon" and button (B) to choose either punish (when naughty) or praise to cheer up your Tamagotchi connexion.
When to Discipline?Praise - When it calls/beeps even when it's not hungry.
Punish - When it refuses food even when it's hungry.
- When the "Skull Icon" appears, your Tamagotchi connexion is sick. Use button (A) to select the "Health Icon" and button (B) to nurse your Tamagotchi connexion back to health. Sometimes it takes more then one dose of medicine!
- When your Tamagotchi connexion goes to sleep, turn off the lights. Use button (A) to select the "Light Icon" and button (B) to choose "Lights Off".
- Use button (A) to select the "Book Icon" and button (B) to check your list of "friends" and "items".
Friendship Level: Use button (A) to select "friend" and button (B) to choose. Press button (B) again to check your level of friendship. Your friendship level improves the more connections you make with other Tamagotchi connexion. Friendship levels are shown below:
If you connect to more then 50 friends "SORRY !! TOO FULL" will appear. You must delete one of your friends if you wish to add more. Press button (A) to scroll through your friends. Press button (B) to choose the friend to be deleted. You will be asked to confirm your selection by choosing "YES" followed by "REALLY".
Item: Sometimes your Tamagotchi will receive a special gift from another Tamagotchi connexion. You will get to keep this. If you press button (B), your Tamagotchi connexion can play with its gift or wear it.
Note: Not all gifts can be used with all Tamagotchi connexion characters.
The Matchmaker and Having Tamababies
- When your Tamagotchi connexion grow old without finding a partner, a "matchmaker" may appear to try and find you a partner! If you are unable to find a suitable partner your Tamagotchi connexion will continue to grow old until it passes away.
- You can only have Tamababies if a suitable partner is found.
- Tamagotchi automatically takes care of the Tamababy, except if the Tamababy becomes sick. Then you have to nurse the Tamababy back to health.
- After 24 hours the parent will disappear from the screen, you must then choose a name for the Tamababy. This becomes the second generation of your Tamagotchi connexion. This process will continue as long as your take care of your Tamagotchi connexion and develop good relationships with other Tamagotchi connexion.
If Your Tamagotchi Passes Away
- Your Tamagotchi connexion will pass away if your don't take good care of it. If you want to start again, press and hold button (A) and (C) until a new egg appears. It will hatch after a few minutes.
How to Set Up Time
- To check time in normal screen mode, press button (B).
- To change time, press button (B) to show current time. Press and hold buttons (A) and (C) together until the setting time mode starts.
- Select 12H or 24H clock format. Press button (A) to select and button (B) to choose/set.
- Press and hold buttons (A) and (C) together. Select sound ON or OFF.
How to Replace Battery
- Requires 1 "CR-2032" 3V battery. Using a small screwdriver, turn the screw counter anti-clockwise to loosen. Remove back as shown, and remove the old battery. Insert the new battery as indicated in illustration. (NOTE: You will NOT need to change the batteries before using your Tamagotchi connexion for the first time.)
- CAUTION: Keep batteries away from children. Batteries may be harmful if swallowed. NOTE: Make sure you use a new battery.
Reset Option (When to reset?)
- If it is the first time you have activated your Tamagotchi connexion.
- If the screen is not clear, image freezes or does not move after long period of time.
- When you have changed the battery.
After pressing the reset button, you can choose either "DOWNLOAD" or "RESET". If you select "DOWNLOAD" your Tamagotchi connexion will be restarted from the last major event - waking up, growing up, IR communication. Note: You may need to reset the time. If you select "RESET", your Tamagotchi connexion will restart from the very beginning. This will erase all entries (Friends and Gifts) from your notebook.
How to Attach Keychain
- Insert the chain into the ring and close it as shown.
- Read the instruction sheet carefully.
- Do not give this item to a children who is under the recommended age.
- This product contains small parts such as batteries, battery cover and screws that may cause suffocation if swallowed by children.
- Batteries, battery cover & screws may be swallowed by children. Do not pass this product to children below 3 years old.
- While replacing the dry cell batteries, please ask a guardian for help.
- Do not swallow small parts like batteries, battery cover & screws.
- Swallowing dry cell batteries is extremely dangerous. Please keep batteries away from Children.
- Batteries are replaced by owners of this product.
- Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix different kids of batteries. Please ensure + & - at the correct position.
- Do not recharge, decompose, heat, or dispose of batteries in fire.
- Swallowing dry cell batteries is extremely dangerous. In case that batteries are swallowed, please go to see a doctor for help.
- Avoid rough use such as knocking the product or swinging it around.
- Small parts may cause harm if swallowed by children.
- Contents may vary from photos and illustrations shown on the package.
- Age 4 & up.
and get a good education that will help later in life.Do not play with your tamagotchi in
class it is going to be taken away by whoever is teaching you.Do not play with
your tamagotchi in class here are risks:
1.You will have it taken away.
2.If it gets taken at the beginging of the day it will die by 4 hours
3.You will not get a good education.
4.You will be embarssed if you get it taken in-frount of class.
Its for your own good,Do not play with it or
suffer the consequences.
Best of luck:
Young Robot (tamatalk.com)
Tuesday, 19 February 2008
the new Tamagotchi Connecxion. You might not give a flying flip, but I adored my original Tamagotchi connextion for at least the first 8 to 10 hours.
When the first Tamagotchi connextion was introduced in the 1998 was an instant hit but just as quickly turned into a parent's nightmare. The new keychain based electronic pet would "cry" (translates to a lot of beeping) for attention non-stop for the first few hours. This for some children was unnerving and soon discredited the product. Many parents found themselves taking the child's toy to work to maintain its health and keep the pet alive to avoid the disturbing news that their kids pet had gone away.
The new rendition of the virtual pet announced to U.S. store on August 15 has added new features and some new concepts to the pet. First thing on the top of everyone's mind is how much I, as a parent, am going to have to take care of this thing. The answer, none, a brand new pause feature will suspend the pet until you choose to unpause it. Also another great feature although not new is muting the sound.
The new Tamagotchi Connecxion now also has a built-in InfraRed port on the top to allow for your child to develop a "friends" list. This list can be up to 50 people long and the more the two pets communicate the better friends they become and perhaps can become companions and then partners. This simplified way of teaching a child the way two people connect and develop and eternal bond is shown in that manner.
The basic features of feeding, games, cleaning up after the pet, and visits to the doctor for different abnormalities are still included. Another included feature is that after a pet goes to sleep you must turn off the virtual light (another selectable feature). But if turned off prematurely as if to force the pet to sleep, it will be unhappy and will relief in its overall life expectancy.
With the sound off there is also can icon that lights up in the lower right hand corner that signifies your pet needs attention, handy for those young care-takers that need a bit of assistance.
Now of course there are a few drawbacks, mainly the screen. I have two at the current time and both suffer the same as an inexpensive LCD, other then just direct on viewing, the display all but disappears, but on the flip side under direct sunlight it still remains crystal clear. The buttons are entirely rubber and leave a bit to be desired as they must depress a long way to activate.
Pros: Teaches children the basics of raising a 'living' object without the added expense of food, enclosures, etc.
Handy keychain attached so it can be easily taken with you
Entertaining for those of the younger crowd
Cons: LCDs must be looked at directly on and offers no backlight
Buttons must depress a long distance before activated
Cannot select boy or girl pet (just like real life, you get what you get)
Overall the toy is great fun, needed improvements over the last were met and simple instructions that children can easily follow.
Monday, 18 February 2008
Bandai America has announced a new version of the Tamagotchi connexion pet toy called the V5. This is the most technologically advanced version of the popular virtual pet toy.
The new version allows kids to raise multiple characters in one toy at the same time and the new version includes never before seen characters as well. "For the first time ever, Tamagotchi Connecxion V5 takes the Tamagotchi connexion experience to new heights by giving fans the ability to take care of an entire family of characters at the same time," said Colleen Sherfey, senior director of marketing, Bandai America Inc. "Kids can share in the excitement as their characters play games together, trade gifts, and become pals. The depth of play and hours of endless entertainment make more family more fun."
A new feature called Familichi offers many types of families and generations that can be raised. The family can be Mames (intellectual), Memes (artistic), Kuchis (laid back) and Violes (cheerful). The way the family of siblings interacts will depend on how the player raises the characters. The V5 device sells for $14.99.
I have purchased Tamagotchi connexion when they first came out years ago. I recently bought a few of the newer versions of the toy last year for my kids at another vendor. This new generation of Tamagotchi connexion is VERY improved! And the price that Amazon had for the PC Accessory pack is half the price for the stand alone model! It was too much for me to pass up. I bought one for myself. I'm a 43 yr old single dad. I guess I'm just a big kid. By G. Folck Jr. "Twraith" (Rosamond, CA USA)